Last Updated: 05/25/2018
- Who We Are
- When and Why We Collect Information
- What Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- Information Tracking Technologies
- What Information We Share
- How Long We Keep Information
- Your Information Choices
- Sites Hosted on dotCMS Cloud
- How to Contact Us
- Additional Information
Who We Are
When we refer to dotCMS, we include all of the following United States legal entities:
When and Why We Collect Information
What Information We Collect
How We Use Information
Information Tracking Technologies
We may use a number of technologies which collect, store, and process your information or information about your behavior when using our website.
What Information We Share
How Long We Keep Information
We keep your information only for as long as it is needed to fulfill our commitments to you, or to adhere to legal, contractual, or regulatory requirements.
Your Information Choices
For information on how to opt-out of dotCMS marketing communications, please see How to Opt Out of dotCMS Marketing Communications, below.
Sites Hosted on dotCMS Cloud
How to Contact Us
To request information about dotCMS privacy policies, details of information we keep on you, or removal of your personal information, please contact:
Additional Information About This Policy
- Additional Detail on What Information We Collect
- Information We Collect when you Browse Our Site
- Information We Collect When You Submit a Form on Our Site
- Information We Collect When You Participate at a dotCMS Event
- How to Opt Out of dotCMS Marketing Communications
- Additional Rights and Terms
Additional Detail on What Information We Collect
In addition to the information detailed above, this section describes in more specific detail what information we collect when you take certain actions when interacting with us and our web properties.
Information We Collect when you Browse Our Site
When you browse our site, we do not attempt to identify you and we have no way of identifying you unless you willingly identify yourself by explicitly providing us with your information. The following information is collected when you choose to supply it to us.
- On our websites, we include a number of scripts from third-party vendors. These scripts may gather data for web statistics, they may be used for interest-based advertising on other services (such as Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn), and they may offer additional functionality to the web sites (such as chat).
Information Other Vendors May Collect on Our Behalf When You Browse Our Site
- Olark: We use Olark to provide chat functionality on our website.
- Any personal information you enter in while using the chat feature is stored by Olark and is transfered to us to enable us to respond to your request.
- Hubspot: We use Hubspot to manage content requests, webinar registrations, and other information requests on our website, to collect and store consent choices, and to send consent-based email communications.
- When you an information request via a form on our website, your information is sent to Hubspot and Hubspot may store one or more cookies on your computer to identify you.
Information Other Vendors May Collect Anonymously on Our Behalf When You Browse Our Site
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to analyze the performance of our websites and follow up on the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
- Google Analytics allow us to analyze data in aggregate; we do not collect or store any personal information in Google Analytics.
If you wish to opt-out of marketing communications from dotCMS, please see How to Opt-Out of Marketing Communications, below.
If you wish to opt-out of web tracking technologies which may deliver dotCMS advertising to you when you browse the web, please see How to Opt-Out of Web Tracking, below.
- When you submit a form on our website, we collect the information that is listed in the form – most often only your name, email address, and country or geographic region.
- If you are based in a country within the European Union, you will also have the option to opt in to our marketing communications (the default is to not send you communications; you must explicitly request it).
- If you are a non-EU individual, you will be included on our marketing communications by default if you sign up to receive any content on our site or to attend a webinar or demo.
- If you open or click a link in an email we have sent you in response to you filling out a form, including email newsletter, that information will be connected to your profile. We may do this to verify your email address, monitor the use of our products and services, or follow up on the usefulness of our products, services, or marketing.
- If you use any of our forums, the information you enter will be stored for the purpose of publishing it to the discussion forum, and may be published on the dotCMS website and/or the appropriate vendors' website.
- When you register for an event, we may direct you to the website of our event registration vendor. In this case, the information you enter in the form is shared with us for managing and following up on the event.
- Even if you sign up on an external website (such as that of our event management vendor, for example Eventbrite), your data will be processed by us for the purpose of managing the event and for following up on your participation. You may also have the option to opt in to our newsletter or other marketing communication.
Information We Collect When You Register with us at a Trade Show or Industry Event
- If you meet us at a trade show or industry event, you may choose to provide your information for us to follow up with you, to participate in an on-site event, or to request product or marketing information from us. We will collect the information you provide to us from any materials you give us (such as a business card), verbally, or in a form we may provide for you.
- When you register for some industry events, you may consent to sharing your personal information with event vendors when signing up for the event; in this case, we will collect the information about you which is provided by the event sponsors to us.
How to Opt Out of dotCMS Marketing Communications
- If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe by doing either of the following:
- Click the Unsubscribe link which is included in all marketing emails we send.
- Send an email to email@example.com with your request, from the email account you wish to have removed.
- Visit the Opt-Out Page on the dotCMS site to be removed from all marketing communications.
- Important Note:
- Opting out of marketing communications from us ensures that we will no longer send you any marketing communcations via email or postal mail.
- However dotCMS does not control which ads are presented to you by other online services such as Google or Facebook; therefore even after opting out of dotCMS marketing communications, you may still see ads from us presented to you by other vendors.
- Depending on how other vendors identify you and your preferences, you may be able to remove dotCMS ads presented by other vendors by opt out of web tracking; please see below for more information.
How to Opt Out of Web Tracking
You can opt out of web tracking in several different ways:
- Block third-party cookies and prevent cross-domain tracking in your browser.
- This helps prevent the use of many (but not all) web tracking cookies which may be set by third-party scripts.
- Configure your browser to send a "Do Not Track" request when you access websites.
- The "Do Not Track" header is a feature the instructs websites to not track the pages you visit and choices you make in a way that can be connected to your personal information.
- Note that not all websites may honor this request, and even websites which honor this request may still collect your data as anonymous data (not tied to your personal information).
- Register on sites that record your desire not be served interest-based advertising.
- You may register at the DAA opt-out page and the NAI consumer opt-out page.
- Many online advertisers will not serve advertisements to users that have registered with these sites.
- Opt out from individual services which provide online advertising.
- If you see ads from dotCMS or any other ads you do not wish to see on a specific online platform, you may, in many cases, opt-out from receiving all ads or change your ad preferences using the specific tools provided by that platform. The following provides information on how to opt-out of ads on the platforms dotCMS uses for online advertising:
- For instructions on how to turn off personalization for Google ads please see https://adssettings.google.com/.
- For more information on Google ad personalization please see https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922.
- To prevent tracking by Google Analytics you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out browser add-on. For more information please see https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
|For instructions on how to turn off interest-based ads in Facebook please see https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217|
|Google (including Google AdWords, Doubleclick, and Google Analytics)||
|Microsoft Bing||To turn off interest-based ads in Microsoft Bing and other Microsoft sites please see https://choice.microsoft.com/.|
Additional Rights and Terms
In addition to all the terms detailed above, the following additional terms apply under the conditions specified in each term:
- Compelled Disclosure:
- dotCMS may disclose Personal Data as required by lawful requests from public authorities, including required responses to legal, regulatory, and law enforcement actions.
- California Privacy Rights:
- The California “Shine the Light” law gives individuals in California the right to either receive specific details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties, or to opt out of having thier information shared in this way.
- dotCMS may share Personal Data (as defined by this law) with third parties and/or affiliates. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please e‐mail or write to us at the addresses specified in the Contact Information section below.
- Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code.
- Please note that dotCMS is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e‐mail address or mail address.
- Onward Transfer:
- If dotCMS transfers data to a third party acting on behalf of dotCMS, we will:
- Transfer the data only for limited and specified purposes.
- Ensure that the third party is obligated to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by this policy.
- Take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that the third party effectively processes the Personal Data transferred in a manner consistent with this policy.
- Require the third party to notify us if it can no longer meet its obligations in a manner consistent with this policy.
- If it becomes necessary, take reasonable and appropriate steps to stop and remediate unauthorized processing